1. Report: sculpture network New Year's Brunch 2010 European-wide more than 600 artists and friends of sculpture celebrated the New Year at 19 locations in 6 countries and toasted to the art of sculpture - the first sculpture network New Year's Brunch was a big success! See pictures and videos on our website. more
2. New Service: The sculpture network database for Service Providers Finally it's ready! With the help of many artists the new sculpture network service provider database is now available on our new website. There are over 130 service providers listed. more
3. IX. International sculpture network Symposium in Grugliasco (I) Our IX International sculpture network Symposium "European Sculpture: Diversity and the difference in practice" will take place from 16th to 19th of September 2010 in Grugliasco (Torino), Italy. This year's symposium will accompany the opening weekend of our first sculpture network members' exhibition in the "Nave Gallery" in cooperation with the cultural organisation martin Martini Arte Internazionale www.martinart.it and the City of Grugliasco and will focus on our members and their works. more
4. Call for proposals: sculpture network member's exhibition 2010 We invite all our sculptor members to submit proposals to our first sculpture network members? exhibition. The exhibition will take place from the 16th of September to the 6th of November 2010 in the ?Nave Gallery? in Gugliasco near-by Torino, Italy in cooperation with martin Martini Arte Internazionale www.martinart.it. You can find detailed information about the exhibition and call for proposals here. Deadline for submission is 31st of March 2010.
5. Member's report: Forma Viva Symposium (SLO) Forma Viva in Slovenia is one of the oldest sculpture symposia worldwide. More than 120 sculptures have been created by sculptors from more than 30 different nations during the past 30 years. more
6. Member's report: VII. Biennial of Contemporary Art Florence (I) Karel Vreeburg from the Netherlands won the third price for his sculpture ?Mathematical and Magic Rings? in stone. Also our Austrian member Eva Moosbrugger was presented at the Biennial 2009. more
7. New member: independent-collectors.com More than 2800 collectors from 82 different countries have been active and use this platform as exhibition space for their private collections. The first global network for collectors... more
8. New cooperation partner: arteinformado.com (E) During the past 3 years the Spanish internet platform www.arteinformado.com collected all relevant information for the Spanish art market. They inform about exhibitions, events, awards, tenders, contests. more
9. Exhibition tip: Mapping the region - Olaf Metzel. Any Questions? (D) "Mapping the region" is the theme of the exhibition projects of the RuhrKunstMuseums with regard to the Culture Capital project RUHR.2010. more
10. Exhibtion tip: Tatiana Trouvé - Il Grande Ritratto (A) Kunsthaus Graz is pleased to announce a very first in Austria, the solo exhibition Il Grande Ritratto by one of the leading artists of the younger generation, Tatiana Trouvé (born 1968 in Cosenza, Italy, now living and working in Paris). more
11. Exhibition tip: James Turrell - The Wolfsburg Project (D) In collaboration with the Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg, the American light artist James Turrell has created his largest-ever walk-in light installation in a museum context: an 11-metre-high, ?space within a space? more
12. Castello di Rivoli - Museum of Contemporary Art (I) The Castello di Rivoli was opened in 1984 under the guidance of Rudi Fuchs. It is known to be one of the leading institutions of contemporary art in Italy. It offers an insight into Italian contemporary art starting from 1950 onwards. more
You can find more exhibitions and events in the European sculpture scene in our comprehensive calender of events on our website.
16. sculpture network on facebook and XING We have already more than 1.500 fans on facebook! Be one of them. Please visit and support sculpture network on www.facebook.com/sculpture.network and www.xing.com/net/sculpture/
sculpture network ist eine europäische non-profit Organisation, die 2004 zur Förderung der zeitgenössischen dreidimensionalen Kunst gegründet wurde. Die Plattform vernetzt Künstler, Kunstvermittler, Museen, Galerien, Dienstleister, Sammler und Kunstfreunde.