1. sculpture network members' exhibition and symposium The exhibition entitled "European Sculpture: Diversity and difference in practice" will be shown from 16.09.-9.11.2010 in the "Nave Gallery in Gugliasco near Turin (IT) and shows works by 30 members of the network.
Accompanying the exhibition our IX. International Sculpture Forum will be held on the opening weekend (16.-18.9.2010).
You find the detailed programme here. For registration please click here.
2. sculpture network Regional Meetings 2010 - new dates! 04/05 June: Ibiza (E) more
25 June: Madrid more
26/27 June: Munich/Neumarkt (D) more
03/04 July: Ruhrgebiet (D) more
10/11 July: Berlin (D) more 28 Aug.: Gehrden/Hannover (D) more
03/04 Sep.: Antwerpen (BE) more
3. Turin, the Italian capital of contemporary art (IT) Although the most famous Italian art movement of the 20th Century, Arte Povera, developed here in the 60s, only with the departure of Fiat from Turin did the city place emphasis on culture. Turin presented itself as an ideal candidate to become the contemporary art capital of Italy. more
4. International Sculpture Biennale Racconigi 2010 (IT) In the unique Racconigi Castle near Turin, June 6th to October 10th, 2010, the International Sculpture Biennale takes place with the motto "Present and past experience". The curator, Luciano Caramel, on behalf of the Associazione Piemontese Arte chaired by sculptor Riccardo Cordero more
5. 11th Small Sculpture Fellbach Triennale 2010 (D) On Saturday, June 12th, 2010, 11 AM, the 11th Small Sculpture Triennial Fellbach will be opened. Founded in 1980, the internationally acclaimed exhibition celebrates its 30th anniversary this year. The venue, an old wine press with 2800 square meters and a delicate wooden roof, has special charm and character. more
6. Rita McBride: "Previously" (CH) Rita McBride's exhibition from June 13th to September 5th, 2010, is not designed as a retrospective, as the artist prefers to avoid this traditional type of presentation. She has therefore chosen a selection of older works, many of which were never seen in Europe, combined with new pieces for the Winterthur Art Museum (Kunstmuseum). more
7. Bernar Venet in Salzburg, Sculpture exhibition on the "Krauthügel" (A) This summer, the French artist Bernar Venet presents a group of nine steel sculptures in Salzburg on the "Krauthügel", part of the Archabbey St. Peter: monumental arches, circle segments and spiral forms turn the area into a temporary sculpture park. more
8. Shanghai’s World Expo: "Art for the world" (CN) ART FOR THE WORLD [THE EXPO] is one of the main projects of the World Expo 2010 in Shanghai. The central sculpture exhibition, located on the 1045 meter long and 140 meter wide Expo Boulevard leading to the national pavilions. more
9. Olafur Eliasson: "Innen Stadt Außen" (D) "Innen Stadt Außen - Inside instead of Outside" is the first solo exhibition by the Danish-Icelandic artist in a Berlin institution. The thematic point of departure for the exhibition designed especially for the Martin-Gropius-Bau is Olafur Eliasson's close relationship to Berlin - the city where he lives and works. more
10. Dynamic ART Delta Zeeland (NL) 'Wind, water and sun' is the central theme of the second edition of Dynamic ART Delta's exhibition on the shore of the 'Veerse meer' estuary in the southwestern province of the Netherlands. Dynamic Art Delta represents sculptures that move or give the impression of motion. more
11. "Touch - the tangibly different exhibition" (D) Neuland enters the Daetz Center near Chemnitz. The exceptional location for wood art will hold an exhibition for the first time starting in July, directed both at visually impaired and non-impaired. "Touch - the tangibly different exhibition" presents 28 sculptures and five reliefs. more
12. AP’art, Alpillles-Provence’art (F) Six days to see, discuss and better understand contemporary art. Over 60 artists are participating at the first festival of contemporary art "AP'art," taking place July 8th to 13th, 2010, in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, and at 30 additional locations over the Alpilles, which seek to bring visitors closer to contemporary art . more
13. Innovative material: Synthetics for artists The company Lange+Ritter GmbH, based in Gerlingen, is a specialised production facility for producers of fibre-reinforced synthetic form pieces. For 50 years the company has offered individual consultation and has notworthy partners such as Hexion, Hexcel, OCV and Cray Valley. more
14. Reflections by Rob Ward (GB) The book looks back at the past 40 years of artistic creation by Rob Ward. Treatises on various aspects of his work, his interest in music, poetry and philosophy and his discussion of the two-and three-dimensional form. The book illustrates his early abstract works as well as his recent monumental works in stainless steel. more
15. Public sculpture projects of members I. Adrian Maryniak: "L20", 2010. Aluminum, painted, heigth: 6m. Location: Paris/St.Ouen (FR) www.adrianmaryniak.de
Rainer Düvell, Jörg Oswald: "Lichtkreuz (light cross)", 2010. Framework, construction foil, fluorescent tube; dimension: 8x8x3m. Installation, St. Marienkirche/Berlin (D) www.rainer-duevell.de
Jo Kley: "Energy", 2010. Diabase, height: 1,70m. Created at the first international sculpture symposium in Abu Dhabi. (AE) www.jokley.de
Public sculpture projects of members II. Anna Rubin: "Windradistallation", Tyvek, Repp-twine, wood strip, height: ca. 20m. Location: in front of the Künstlerhaus (A) www.annarubin.at
Roland Mayer: "Globalization", Rosengranit, dimension: 110x110x500cm. Created at the Assuan Open Air Sculpture Museum sculpture symposium (ET) www.kunstwiese.de
Carlos Ciriza: "1043", Cortensteal. Location: Tafalla (ES) www.carlosciriza.es
You can find more exhibitions and events in the European sculpture scene in our comprehensive calender of events on our website.
17. sculpture network on facebook and XING We have already more than 2.600 fans on facebook! Be one of them. Please visit and support sculpture network on www.facebook.com/sculpture.network and www.xing.com/net/sculpture/
sculpture network ist eine europäische non-profit Organisation, die 2004 zur Förderung der zeitgenössischen dreidimensionalen Kunst gegründet wurde. Die Plattform vernetzt Künstler, Kunstvermittler, Museen, Galerien, Dienstleister, Sammler und Kunstfreunde.