1. sculpture network members' exhibition and symposium Exhibition: 16.09.-9.11.2010 in Gugliasco nearby Turin, Italy. Approx. 150 works of 30 artists from 10 countries. You may find a list of the selected artists here.
Accompanying the exhibition our IX. International Sculpture Forum will be held on the opening weekend (16.-18.9.2010).
Programme and Registration here.
2. sculpture network Regional Meetings 2010 - new dates! 28 Aug.: Gehrden/Hannover (D) more
03/04 Sep.: Antwerpen (BE) more
You find impressions of our last Regional Meetings in Madrid, Berlin, Munich/ Neumarkt and Ruhrgebiet here.
3. Gallery at the Pinakothek der Moderne - Barbara Ruetz (DE)
We are delighted to present to you in this newsletter the gallerist Barbara Ruetz and her gallery at the Pinakothek der Moderne in Munich as a new member of sculpture network. Ahead of the Regional Meeting in her gallery on 26th June 2010, we visited Barbara Ruetz in her gallery and interviewed her. more
4. New member: TABULARASA s.r.l. (IT) A collaborating group of people interested in sculpture from different points of view. We are sculptors, tools providers since two generations, sculpture event organizers, sculpture schools and courses supporters. more
5. Nord Art 2010 - The biggest art exhibition in Northern Europe (DE) 22,000 square meters exhibition space in the halls of the closed Carlshütte and 60,000 square meters of park sculptures invite artists and art lovers from all over the world. 245 artists from 55 countries exhibit their pictures, photographs, videos, sculptures and installations. more
6. Tomoko Takahashi: "Introspective Retrospective" (GB) One of the most engaging installation artists of the past 20 years based her success on the recycling game with everyday debris. The exhibition at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill On Sea amounts to a study of her artistic career. The exhibition exposes the artist’s understanding of the consumer world. more
7. Rosemarie Trockel: “Liquification of the mother" (CH) her exhibition for the Kunsthalle Zurich, provides a comprehensive insight into the work of the artist, with pieces and groups of works ranging from the early 1980s up to new pieces created for the exhibition. more
8. Erich Hauser - anniversary celebration in 2010 (DE) Erich Hauser would have turned 80 years old this year. Early on, he discovered the material stainless steel and shaped his own language of form. The polished surfaces convey the idea of the techno age. Hauser was repeatedly represented at the Documenta in Kassel, and won awards such as the grand prize of the Biennale of Sao Paulo. more
9. The sculptures of the Daimler Art Collection (DE) The sculptures of the Daimler Art Collection, which was founded in 1977, reflect the collection’s orientation towards abstract-constructive and minimalist tendencies of art since 1945. more
10. XIVth International Sculpture Biennale in Carrara (IT) Carrara, whose marble quarries for centuries were used by artists such as Michelangelo, Bernini, and Canova, once again becomes the meeting place for international artists. Theythematicize the descent of traditional sculpture. more
11. New Art Centre presents the new generation of British sculptors (GB) Under the title "Let There Be Scultpure" the New Art Center presents a group exhibition with 11 works of emerging British sculptors in the park area of Roche Court in Salisbury, near Southampton. Many of the exhibiting artists were represented in the critically perceived Peckham Pavilion at the Venice Biennale 2009. more
12. Pilot project: Guest rooms (CH) The city of Zurich and the Working Group "Public Art" (AG KiöR) have invited Zurich galleries, museums and off-art spaces to realize art projects in public spaces from 26 May to 28 August. more
13. Giuseppe Penone - Nelle Mani - In the Hands (NL) Giuseppe Penone (Garessio, IT 1947) was the youngest member of a group of Italian artists whose work was collectively named arte povera ("poor art") by the critic Germano Celant during the late sixties. more
14. Catalog for the Sculpture Symposium in 2009 published by Natursteinwerk Picard (DE) Since 1982, the sections of the Sculpture Trail Rheinland-Pfalz have been growing closer from symposium to symposium. Today, over 50 sculptures grace the sculpture symposia which were brought to life by Jürgen Picard. more
15. Public sculpture projects of members Jörg Plickat, three monumental steel-sculptures were installed in the course of the projekt Sculpture for New Orleans at the park of the New Orleans Art Museum. www.plickat.de www.sculptureforneworleans.org
Markus Vergette, permanent Installation of twelfe bells at different places in Great Britain. http://www.marcusvergette.co.uk/bell.htm
Tobel: "Wondrous world", Taiwan 2010, in the course of the Guandu International Outdoor Sculpture Festival
16. Opportunities On our website you can find list of selected competition opportunities, tenders and Artist-In-Residence programmes offered world wide. more
You can find more exhibitions and events in the European sculpture scene in our comprehensive calender of events on our website.
19. sculpture network on facebook and XING We have already more than 2.800 fans on facebook! Be one of them. Please visit and support sculpture network on www.facebook.com/sculpture.network and www.xing.com/net/sculpture/
sculpture network ist eine europäische non-profit Organisation, die 2004 zur Förderung der zeitgenössischen dreidimensionalen Kunst gegründet wurde. Die Plattform vernetzt Künstler, Kunstvermittler, Museen, Galerien, Dienstleister, Sammler und Kunstfreunde.