1. sculpture network New Year´s Brunch (EU) More than 800 participants in 24 locations in 9 countries!
Across Europe (and in New Zealand), friends of sculpture celebrated the new year and raised a glass to sculpture. Artists, art lovers and art mediators had a lively conversation about art, their creative process, their perception and of course on emerging trends. Impressiones and feedback of the event you find here
He is responsible for our members in Switzerland and Liechtenstein and is looking forward to hear from you. He is also administrating our new sculpture network marketplace.
3. New Service: sculpture network Marketplace Are you looking for like-minded people for a project, do you want to rent a portion of your studio, or gain practical experience as an assistant to a sculptor, are there tools lying around your studio, or are you looking for specific tools...? With a classifieds marketplace, sculpture network offers a new service. more information
See for yourself the video and audio quality. more information
5. PREVIEW: sculpture network events 2011 - 21st - 28th August: sculpture network Drawing Symposium UK 2011. A call for participation and further information will be published by the end of February.
- October/ November: X. International Sculpture Forum in Bilbao, Spain
- Many different Regional Meetings amongst others in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, UK, Netherlands, France.
Detailed information will follow soon. We look forward to see you at our events!
6. New member: Gallery Czarna (PL) The gallery owner Agnieszka Czarnecka of the gallery Czarna in Warsaw, Poland about her gallery, the current exhibition and her goals for the future. To the interview
7. Portrait of a Gallery: Kunstraum Bernusstraße (DE) Five years ago, the collector Marina Grützmacher took over the gallery spaces as gallery owner. Today she brings together with experts Today Contemporary works in the fields of photography, painting and sculpture in their premises togehter. more information
8. Making is Thinking (NL) The exhibition at the Witte de With examines various artistic practices in Rotterdam associated with craft and industrial production. It presents a series of works that reject this binary concept. more information
9. RICHARD DEACON - The Missing Part (DE) "Not knowing is a good state of art" (Deacon) The exhibition at the Sprengel Museum Hannover was developed in close collaboration with Richard Deacon and is the first retrospective of over 40 creative years of the artist. more information
10. Modern British Sculpture (UK) 2011 marks the Royal Academy of Arts’ first exhibition in 30 years dedicated to the study of British sculpture in the twentieth century. The show will provide a unique perspective on the development of British sculpture and illuminate how we understand it today. more information
11. Daniel Buren - Allegro Vivace (DE) Daniel Buren developed for the Staatliche Kunsthalle Baden-Baden a series of site-specific interventions that deal with the neo-classical exhibition house of Hermann Billing. Playing with color, mirrors and shadows, he creates stunning installations. more information
12. Horizon Field - Lonely watchman in the mountains (AT) Like lonely watchman they stand, untouched by the bustle on the slopes. Their eyes seem to seek the infinite. Antony Gormley's figures do not cry for an altercation, they do not stand in the way of hikers and skiers. more information
14. Julio González and David Smith. A dialogue about sculpture (ES) The exhibition at the Institut Valencia d'Art Modern explores the decisive change of course that lead from ancient to contemporary sculpture. The exhibition shows an art of free forms differentiating itself from the historical European art of the nineteenth century, and reflecting the emergence of the avant-garde at the beginning of the twentieth century with two protagonists and their artistic interaction. more information
sculpture network ist eine europäische non-profit Organisation, die 2004 zur Förderung der zeitgenössischen dreidimensionalen Kunst gegründet wurde. Die Plattform vernetzt Künstler, Kunstvermittler, Museen, Galerien, Dienstleister, Sammler und Kunstfreunde.