The sculpture park on the Channel Island of Gernsey was founded in 1998 with the help of the president of the Royal Society of British Sculpture. Almost immediately after opening, works were procured by collectors in America, New Zealand, Europe, and of course Great Britain. more
5. Madrid Art week (ES) From 16 to 20 February, Madrid becomes Europe’s art capital. Five art fairs and around 150 art exhibitions in museums, foundations, art centres etc. Absolutely Impossible to see it all, but we try hard. more See a photo gallery on facebook
7. Anti / Form - Sculptures from the MUMOK collection (AT) In the late 1960s, the term "anti-form" meant the disentigration of the traditional sculpture and art concepts, which opened new doors for aesthetic practices. The exhibition Anti / Form shows the tension between development and redefinition of the concept of sculpture more
9. Tony Cragg in the Louvre: Figure out / Figure in (FR) As a counterpoint to the presentation of the retrospective of the Bavarian-Austrian sculptor Franz Xaver Messerschmidt (1736-1783), the museum displays a group of sculptures by British artist Tony Cragg, exhibited in the Cour Marly and Cour Puget inside the Louvre. more
10. Eva Löfdahl at the Moderna Museet in Stockholm (SE) Eva Löfdahl is one of Sweden’s most important contemporary artists. Since her debut she has created varieties of paradoxical metaphors, challenging our habitual way of seeing things, in the form of sculptures, objects, paintings and drawings more
Martine Andernach (DE): Bundeswehr- Zentralkrankenhaus Koblenz, 2007, 11,00 m x 3,20 m, carbon steel more Rolf Nolden (DE): "Bipolarität" 10 cm steel, ca 10 t; ca. 2,5 x 6,8 m; Exhibition forum of Siegerlandmuseums in Siegen more
Bruno Steiger (CH): "G.E.B.O.R.G.E.N."aus 4mm Carbon steel ø 180 x 300 x 0,4 cm, 2011, will be opend on 7.5.11 in Kluftern/Friedrichshafen more
Beat Kriemler (DE/CH): "Tenth Gate unlocked"; 350 cm; Bronze Sculpture was given to the city of Nanjing/ South-China in November more
12. Calendar We present you here a selection of interesting dates.
You can find more dates in our calendar of events
Thomas Hirschhorn: "It's burning everywhere";Kunsthalle Mannheim (DE)12.3. - 13.6.2011
Anish Kapoor: "Flashback"; Manchester Art Gallery (UK); 5.3. - 5.6. 2011
"Leuchtender Intervall": Guggenheim Museum (ES); 12.4. - 11.9.2011
Bill Bollinger: "Retrospektive"; Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein (LI); 4.2. - 8.5.2011
sculpture network ist eine europäische non-profit Organisation, die 2004 zur Förderung der zeitgenössischen dreidimensionalen Kunst gegründet wurde. Die Plattform vernetzt Künstler, Kunstvermittler, Museen, Galerien, Dienstleister, Sammler und Kunstfreunde.