3. Hermes Message It may seem a bit cheeky to take Hermes, messenger of the gods, as ambassador of the small success stories that our members tell us. But these stories are about such different events and their almost mystical occurence that only the cunning son of Zeus could actually bring about.
Read the stories of our members that Hermes brings to you, and tell one yourself! What incident has happened to you? What success story have you experienced with sculpture network? We look forward to your stories. The best will be published.
Click here for the first story
Regional Meeting Switzerland/Zürich 24 - 26 June 2011
5. New member - The Pangolin Gallery and Foundry (UK) The gallery in Chalford in the Gloucestershire county west of London is one of the few galleries specializing in sculpture in Britain. In addition, it also shows graphics and prints, which are in close connection with the sculptures. more
In 2008, Cintha van Heeswijck-Veeger founded the ARTZUID with the aim of drawing attention to the districts of Amsterdam newly designed by architect HP Berlage in 1917. The former plans were known as Plan Zuid, which inspired the name of the festival. more
11. Sculptors’ symposium 2011 in Schweinstal (DE) The association Skulpturen Rheinland-Pfalz e.V. has organized six sculpture symposia in the Kaiserslautern-Süd area since 1990. A "sculpture axis" was built from east to west with over 50 large sculptures in the city and countryside more
Forma Viva in Slovenia is one of the oldest sculpture symposium in the world! More than 300 sculptures were created by 150 sculptors of international origin. more
13. Herbert Mehler Exhibition in the Sculpture Park Heidelberg (DE) The scuptor Herbert Mehler, born in 1949 in Steinau near Fulda, has his studios in Berlin and Riedenheim near Würzburg. He works with Corten steel, but gained prominence with drawings and graphic works. The exhibition shows a total of 11, some monumental, exhibits and provides a good overview of the artist's work. A richly illustrated catalog is available. more
In June 2011, the 3-D Foundation opened the stunning new sculpture park as an artist's residence for foreign artists in Verbier in the Swiss Alps. The Alps are the backdrop and inspiration for the artists. For five weeks international sculptors were invited to the Swiss mountains to create monumental sculptures for the park. more
15. Franck Scurti: Works of chance (FR) Franck Scurti entered the contemporary art scene in the early 1990s. He quickly gained a reputation as one of the most prolific artists of his generation. His diverse works, which seem to lack a unified style, represent a constantly new confrontation with our time and its problems: geopolitical issues, mass production, consumer society, or even media are Scurtis’ recurring themes. more
16. ABSTRACT //// SCULPTURE (DE) It was about a hundred years ago that art - at least in part - became abstract. Abstraction has never since held a monopoly, but there were substantial periods of dominance, followed by figurative counter-movements. The oppositions of abstract / figurative and formalism / realism, mainly in the postwar period, were ideologically charged not only artistically but also socially. more
17. Art Meadow (CH) "Art Meadow" is the name of a small sculpture park in the Lake Constance community of Bottighofen, near the German border. From the private initiative of sculptor Albert Lehmann, a lively meeting place has grown in the middle of the village. more
sculpture network ist eine europäische non-profit Organisation, die 2004 zur Förderung der zeitgenössischen dreidimensionalen Kunst gegründet wurde. Die Plattform vernetzt Künstler, Kunstvermittler, Museen, Galerien, Dienstleister, Sammler und Kunstfreunde.