- 13. November: Members Association Meeting in Bilbao, Spain
- 15. January 2012: New Year's Brunch - nyb '12, at many different places around the world
5. Hermes´ Message In the previous newsletter we presented you at this point Hermes, as messenger of your success stories. Narrate one by yourself! Much fun with his experience told today:
Here is the story of Gudrun Nielsen (IS) - Artist: "I would recommend the Drawing Symposium to everyone. Don´t miss such a great experience!"
6. New member - Estructuras Acerox (ES) Esculturas/Sculpture is a company who fabricates architectural metal-works and produces large scale sculptures. One of the main point for us is that we work in direct contact with the artist as well as institutions. more
7. Temple of Doom by Olaf Mooij (NL) For many people their car is an extension of themselves and therefore so often discussed. The Rotterdam-based artist Olaf Mooij, who has achieved particular fame with his car sculptures in public space, transforms vehicles into "living" beings. more
Extended Drawing focuses on one particular aspect of the work of American artists Sol LeWitt, Robert Mangold, Bruce Nauman and Richard Serra: the line--or respectively, its anonymity in the space. more
11. Barry Flanagan “Early Works 1965 – 1982” (GB) Barry Flanagan was one of the most inventive British artists. In autumn, the Tate Britain shows his early work in a solo exhibition and positions him as a key figure in the development of British and international sculpture. Worldwide he is known for his bronze hares, which are among his later works. more
12. LOKO11 (NL) This annual symposium brings together commissioners, commissioned artists and intermediaries. They will discuss topical issues, taking as a common viewpoint the fact that expertise in the arts field is of abiding importance in spatial and urban development. more
14. open air links - Tips for the autumn walk Germany
- 14. Skulpture summer in Bissee near Kiel, 15.10.2011 - Skulptura VI in Kevelaer, near the Dutch border to Nijmegen, until 17.12.2011
- Cologne Skulpture #6 (all-the-year) - 10. Round Sculptures , until 23.10.2011 - Bambutopia 2011, in Schallstadt-Mengen near Fribourg, until 1.10.2011
- Art Meadow Bottighofen, at Lake Constance, until 15.10.2011 - Art Way Pontresina, near St. Moritz, until 15.10.2011
- Horizon Fields, Antony Gormly, Vorarlberg, until 30.04.2011 - Austrian skulpture park, near Unterpremstätten (near Graz), until 31.10.2011
- Sculpture In Context 2011, Dublin, bis 21.10.2011 - Folkstonetriennale, in Kent, near Dover, bis 25.09.2011
Agnes Keil (DE): 2010 Roof sculpture and site planning for the seat in Simmern / Hunsrück of the company Baufritz. more
Jorge Palacios(ES): Untitled, 2011, 200 x 95 x 60 cm, teak wood and corten steel. The Sun Gate, Toledo. Public sculpture exhibition Itinerant “Dialogues of the curve” on the streets of Toledo, Spain. more
16. Calendar We present you here a aelection of interensting dates. You can find more dates in our calendar of events.
Mario Merz (IT): "What is to be done?" 28.7.2011 - 30.10.2011 in The Henry Moore Institute (GB)
Toni Cragg (GB): "Sculptures and Drawings" 30.7.- 06.11.2011 in the Scottish National Gallery Of Modern Art
Lehmbruck Museum Duisburg (DE): "100 Jahre Lehmbrucks Kniende - Paris 1911" 24.9. - 22.1.2012
Kunsthaus Bregenz (AT): AI WEIWEI Art; "Architecture" 16.7. – 16.10.2011
sculpture network ist eine europäische non-profit Organisation, die 2004 zur Förderung der zeitgenössischen dreidimensionalen Kunst gegründet wurde. Die Plattform vernetzt Künstler, Kunstvermittler, Museen, Galerien, Dienstleister, Sammler und Kunstfreunde.